Thursday, January 5, 2012

Three Little Birds

My body is free of any tattoos, but not because I'm anti-tattoo.  At first, I didn't have a tattoo because I couldn't think of an idea that I wanted on my body for the rest of my life.  Several years ago, I thought of an idea for a tattoo, and it's been stuck in my mind ever since.  My idea: three little birds outside a window.  Yep, I want a Bob Marley-inspired tattoo.  Are you groaning?  I bet some of you might be groaning right now and muttering, "Dirty hippy," under your breaths.


Don't worry about a thing.  'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Before the big C, the tattoo idea was just because of my dirty hippy past life.  If I had any artistic inclination, I would try to draw this vision I have for the tattoo.  Instead, I'll have to bribe someone to draw it for me if I ultimately decide to get this tattoo.  Now the idea means even more because it's exactly what I believe about my life: "'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."  The song is joyous, positive and just so happy.  I always find my head bopping along with the song.  

During chemo, I would play this song a lot to give me hope and inspire me to power through.  The more I heard the words "every little thing gonna be all right," the more I believed.  I still believe...

Despite life-changing side effects....

Despite the overwhelming fear of cancer's return...

Despite family strife that will likely never see any resolution....

Despite scars all over my body...

Despite depression....

Everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment