Sunday, January 15, 2012

Heck yeah!

Today I did something that I have never done before: I baked Snickerdoodle cookies.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  These cookies tasted absolutely amazing.  I am a master of chocolate chip cookies.  I have kicked that recipe's butt a very long time ago.  I tried a chocolate and peanut butter cookie over Thanksgiving, but those turned out Meh. I am beyond happy to report that these cookies turned out so good.  I had a hard time preventing myself from eating all of them.


When I first started dating my sweetie, I told him that I wasn't much in the kitchen but I made a mean chocolate chip cookie.  About a month or two into our relationship, I tried baking him cookies using the tools my craptastic Bloomfield apartment afforded me.  The cookies turned out absolutely disastrous and in true Lara fashion, I gave up on baking because I thought I lost the magic touch.  I gave up.  It was probably a year ago before I tried it again and then knocked it out of the ballpark.  I took every failure in the kitchen personally, like it meant that I sucked at life.  I don't know why I had that uber-negative attitude when it came to baking and cooking, but I certainly did.

Nowadays, I like to think there is an old Lara and a new Lara.  New Lara isn't a 'fraidy cat, who gives up easily.  Oh ho no.  New Lara tries new things and then kicks ass at it.  I had this overwhelming sense of pride after they came out.  I was trying to get my boyfriend to pat me on the back but had to settle for a nice swat to the bottom.  I think both gestures mean a job well done, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment