Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm just coming out of my last chemo fog.  (Tashi, thank you for your gift.  I got it in the mail the day before chemo - what timing!)  I've been sleeping pretty much all day and am about to go to sleep for the night.

2010 was quite a fucking year.  Wow.  This year was jam packed full of events. 

- Bought a house.

- Moved in with a boy.

- Overcome my water weirdness and went white water rafting, jet skiing, and parasailing.

- Visited New York again for my awesome friends' wedding.

- GOT A PUPPEEHHHH.

- Diagnosed with stage one breast cancer.

As the annoying vague saying goes: "it is what it is."   I am sick and now have the constant fear of cancer coming back for the rest of my life.  There are a lot of people like me, and I'll do what I have to do to make sure it doesn't come back.  Breast cancer does not take away from what an awesome year I had. 

My goals/resolutions for this year:

- Enter remission and have a huge FUCK YOU cancer party. 

- Pick up where we left off with the house.  Come spring time, it's back to work.

- Go on a nice, long romantic vacation with my sweetie.

- Get involved and do volunteer work.

- Most importantly, I need to stop being a people pleaser.... more accurately, a doormat.  I'm not good at people pleasing, end up resenting the person I'm supposedly trying to please, and eventually hate everyone involved.  I'm done with that.  I'm done with tolerating stupid (especially PHONY) bitches and putting everyone's feelings above my own.   For once in my life, I'm going to focus on me and my sweetie, and just disregard all the people who made my life hell before.

To the people who love me, I have one thing to say: Thank you for making a stressful time easier.  You are amazing and mean the world to me.  I love you and when I get to feeling better - HUGS FOR EVERYONE.

"Heather my love, there's a new sheriff in town."

1 comment: