Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Before you leave

If you want to know why things can't go back to the way things were, watch this video and really think about the last two years.  Think long and hard about your actions when I was sick, bald and barely able to do anything for myself.  You'll understand why things are so awkward and strained.  I'm not going to apologize for your inaction during chemotherapy, and I hope one day to receive an apology for why you behaved the way you did.  A real one.  



When you’re weak, I’ll be strong
When you let go, I’ll hold on
When you need to cry, I swear that I’ll be there to dry your eyes
When you feel lost and scared to death,
Like you can’t take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I’m gonna love you through it.



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet writing there at the end, I can't get into the video here at work. :/ It's hard when people are asshats through things like this. I hope and pray my mom doesn't think I'm an asshat through this or insensitive or something. That's one of my biggest fears. Because I feel I don't do enough. UGH!

    ReplyDelete