Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

I had such a great Christmas.  In the weeks leading up to Christmas, I barely did any decorating in my house.  I didn't even put up my Christmas tree.  A couple of weeks ago, I did see a one-foot-tall silver garland tree, which I purchased and put on my dining room table.  I didn't go entirely without a Christmas tree this year.  The Christmas spirit didn't really hit me until a couple of days before Christmas.  My boyfriend has been traveling a lot, and I've been doing an insane amount of overtime.  Both these contributing factors led to a Grinch-esque mood.

When I woke up on Christmas, I was full of ye olde Christmas spirit.  I couldn't wait for my sweetie to open his gifts, especially since I didn't blurt out beforehand what I got him.  I hate surprises (the hatred goes both ways).  My big gifts for the sweetie: a boxed DVD set of Band of Brothers and the Pacific, and a single-serving Keurig for his office.  My boyfriend loves history, and I've heard him say on several occasions how much he loved Band of Brothers.  As soon as I saw it, score!  As for the Keurig, he has bitched a lot about the lack of good coffee at his office.  I guess the marketing department has a Keurig, but they aren't close to his desk.  This should hopefully save him some time and provide him with insta-coffee.

I absolutely LOVED what he got me this year.  The best gift: we are going to a Penguins-Mighty Ducks game on February 15th.  I don't know how good our seats are, but I don't care!  It's the Penguins.  Watching the game live is infinitely better than watching it on TV.  I'm basing this judgment on the ONE hockey game I have been to thus far.  Haha.  As soon as he told me about the game, I squealed.  I squealed like a happy happy girl.  Is it February 15th yet?  

Yep, this is how I reacted to my gift.


The other gifts included a gift card to Ann Taylor (obviously) and an IOU for a pair of shoes.  I redeemed that IOU for a Hello grown-up black pumps.  My crusade to look like a sophisticated big gurrrrlll continues.  My sweetie knows me so well... or, I talk so incessantly about the Pens and Ann Taylor that he'd be a moron not to pick up on those anvil-sized hints.  I'm going with the .... first one.

This was the first Christmas where it was just me and my boyfriend.... plus a certain Boomer dog.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love my weird little family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment