Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RIP

RIP Elizabeth Edwards

Man, it absolutely breaks my heart to hear that breast cancer took another mother away from her young children.  Her youngest children are 10 and 12 years old.  I'm tearing up right now because for the first time, I see both sides in a way.  I know what it's like to lose your mother to breast cancer as a child.  I also know what it's like to have the disease and being forced to think about your own mortality. 

I hate breast cancer.

Elizabeth Edwards' story makes me even more determined to come at my own breast cancer as aggressive as possible.  For all we know, my breast cancer was gone as soon as the September surgery was over.  I'm not worried about the breast cancer I have/had.  The thoughts that keep me up at night is breast cancer coming back and making a better attempt at killing me.  I refuse to let breast cancer get me too. 

I want my death to be when I'm an old lady, surrounded by my family and my army of beagles.  ARMY OF BEAGLES. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lara,

    I don't know if these will cheer you up, but the rescue group I work with has identified a special kind of beagle and I thought you might like the description.

    http://members.petfinder.org/~MD149/partybeagle.html

    Also, we have identified a breed and although Maggie appears to be a pure beagle,she sure has this breed's "cold glittering stare of death" down in at least one of the pictures on your Tumblr. Also, she looks like she has what we call the "eyeliner of shamelessness" in abundance.
    http://members.petfinder.org/~MD149/Blab.html

    ReplyDelete