Friday, December 17, 2010

How Frickin' Awesome

Today my office held its annual Christmas party.  When my boss showed up with his wife and his uber-adorable daughter (seriously, y'all, this girl is a cutie!), one of  my coworkers presented them with a gift certificate to this local eatery we all know he likes.  Immediately afterward, my boss started talking about how everyone decided this year, instead of doing the Secret Santa gift exchange that nobody ever really cared for, everyone (who isn't Lara) pooled money together and made a donation to the Susan G. Komen foundation in my name.

I was shocked and also relieved after my boss' speech.  For a split second when I realized they were talking about me and my cancer schmancer, I was afraid they pooled money together and got ME a gift.  When he said they made a donation in my name, that was really the most perfect thing.  Honestly, I could cry tears of joy just thinking about it.  It's very touching.

I am a lucky girl.  I really and truly am.  I have great friends, supportive colleagues and bosses, and a guy who loves me very much and wants to take care of me.  It's not always easy to ask for help, but I'm finding that people who care about you, they want to help.   Some people in my life have really stepped up and have been absolutely amazing to me, while others have crawled in a hole and pretty much can stay there for all I care. 

It's a nice feeling to be on the recipient of so much love.    

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful and I'm glad that their gift to you will bring not only you joy, but it continues to others who will benefit from the funds given to the foundation.
    Sounds like the perfect end to a party!

    Glad you had fun, get your naps in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear this. What a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete