Friday, October 1, 2010

Lymph Biopsy

I had my lymph biopsy yesterday, and a bilateral breast MRI done the day before that.  From what the MRI looked like and what the surgeon saw when they looked at my lymph nodes, it does not look like the breast cancer has spread to my lymph nodes.  We won't know for sure until the pathology report comes back but still, that's enough of a good news to hold me over until then.  All signs are pointing to this cancer was caught early. 

I'm sore as fuck, and drugged up on some heavy narcotics.  I was under for three-and-a-half hours, which is two hours over what they estimated.  I don't feel splendid and probably won't be talking to anyone on the phone for awhile, unless it's to recruit people to come help me/my sweetie finish my first floor.  I need for the heat to come on soon.  Oye.

To my friend Amber who was with me yesterday, I know how much your husband loves you.  I have to say, I love you too.  You were amazing and supportive and kept me sane during a traumatic day.  I will never ever forget what you did for me yesterday and if I can do anything for you (after of course, kicking cancer to the curb), I am there.  You transcended to not just a close friend but truly a sister to me yesterday.  *Interwebs high five*  You even got a hug from my sweetie yesterday.  I've never seen him hug anybody else.  Count him as a fan of yours, as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love you too. I'm glad I was able to be there with you.

    It was a traumatic day, but it was punctuated with sunshine. First of all, Dr. McGrandpapants feeling optimistic the cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes was excellent - he was very optimistic when he come out to talk to me and that was a great relief to me (and I am sure for you, OD, Fron, all of your friends and family). Then I have to say, the nurse asking if we were 'up to no good' when we were laughing about the Unfortunate Case of James Heselden was some classic inappropriate humor.

    It was a major step in kick it is ass. Ha. ha. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete