Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No News is good news?

Despite watching my phone like it was the most interesting device on the face of the planet, Allegheny General Hospital did not call me today.  (A watched cell phone never rings?)  I'm guessing that they will call me tomorrow with the results of the biopsy of Sideshow Boob.  If they don't, then I'll have to call them several times tomorrow to "inspire" them to tell me.  I'm very inspirational, y'all.  

It could be the drugs they have me on or the fact that this isn't my first cancer scare, but my anxiety about this has been pretty minimal.  Feelings of panic and anxiety will overcome me maybe once or twice a day and then, bam.  I'm done.  I think my Sweetie and my friends have been more anxious about this than me.  My boyfriend called me four times today, asking if I had heard anything from the hospital.  (Awwww.)

I guess I'm so calm because of my confidence in my treatment.  I don't think cancer has come back for me so soon after treatment.  And if it has, then double mastectomy is going to happen.  I'm not going to keep fighting to save my boobs when they keep trying to kill me.


No comments:

Post a Comment