Saturday, November 26, 2011

I'm thinking of making a new addition to Get Up Swinging: 100 days, 100 different outfits.  I just have to figure out how to take a picture of said outfits that isn't some crap photo from my iPod.  I'm an amateur photographer, so that won't be acceptable to me.  Maybe I'll set up my tripod and Roger the Camera and take the picture that way.  Hmmm, ideas ideas.

NaNoWriMo didn't work for me, like I had wished.  My inability to write for fun, as opposed to for my profession, continues.  I hope me adding some pictures and commentary about my outfits breaks up the depressing cancer talk I have stored inside me.  Believe you me, I have a lot of depressing cancer thoughts still in me, but I'll break those up with talk about CLOTHES! FASHION! DESIGNERS! MAKEUP!  One of these days, I'll even learn how to do something with my hair.

A question asked by the book "I am Not My Breast Cancer" got the ole brain wheels turning (which in turn, inspired me to think of the 100 days, 100 different outfits idea): What do you see when you look in the mirror?  Here's my response to that question:  I see a 31 year old woman who has been through so much in a 10-month period.  I see strength, determination and the positive attitude that never went away.  I see a new version of myself, whose body is covered in scars. I see the chance to reinvent myself into someone I never was before (i.e. someone possibly with style?!?).  Finally, I see someone who won't back down from a fight, whether it's with cancer or asshole family members.  




1 comment:

  1. I always love your gif selection. Glad you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete