Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mom

During these last couple of months, I have been thinking about my mom a lot and just really missing her more than usual.  Now that my last chemo is happening in two days (party!), I wish she was here to celebrate with me, Amber and my sweetie.  This is a huge milestone for me, and I'll definitely be thinking about her throughout the day.  

My mom had to miss a lot of milestones in my life and my brothers' lives because of breast cancer.  I was seven when she died, and my brothers were 11 and 12.  She missed seeing us all graduate from high school and then college.  She never got to hear about the dates her kids went on or meet any of our respective girlfriends and boyfriends.  She missed my performances in high school, and my brother's graduation from law school.  She missed the wedding of her two sons and never met any of her beautiful and smart grandchildren.  She missed me falling in love with the man I plan on spending the rest of my mom with.

Breast cancer always has been and always will be my number one enemy.  After Thursday when I'm done with chemo for hopefully the LAST TIME EVER, I plan on having a nice chat with my mom.  I'll be so drugged out of my mind that I'll probably carry this conversation on in front of everyone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment