Sunday, January 30, 2011

Today

Today was a fantastic day.  I went to my friend DD's baby shower today and was able to hang out with so many of my friends.  Every winter, I swear all of us go into hibernation and don't see too much of each other anyway.  Being able to get to see a lot of my friends all together, well that just gave me a warm happy feeling from my head to my toes.  I dressed up and put all my effort into looking fan-freaking tastic, and I accomplished that by wearing the following items of clothing: dark wash jeans, cable-knit purple sweater, my new knee-high tan boots, and a sassy swagger. 

Most days, I just wear sweatpants or drawstring pants and one of my many Race for the Cure t-shirts.  My self-esteem has taken quite the beating since my diagnosis.  Before my diagnosis, I was putting a lot of thought and effort into looking my absolute best, and I could feel my self-esteem getting stronger.  Now, I work from home every day and so I have gotten into the habit of just wearing basically pajamas every single damn day.  So to be able to have an opportunity to feel like I did before all this shit happened... it felt great.  I felt like myself and loved being able to see my friends out and about.  I don't know when I'll be able to have another day like this in the near future.  I'm going to go to sleep, smiling because I was able to have to have such a wonderful day.

This is what I look like.  I miss my hair so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment