Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Son of a bitch

Ahhhhhh.  When I had my surgery last Thursday, I was told I would have the official results of the pathology report for my lymph node biopsy in 3 to 4 days.  Seeing as this is the end of the fourth day, I called my surgeon's office and found out that my surgeon is at a conference and won't be back until Friday.  I'm at my desk fighting back tears.  This is bullshit.  I know he said that my lymph nodes "looked good and clear" but I wanted my OFFICIAL results that confirmed this.  I can hold it together for so long on a statement made by a surgeon for so long.  I want facts, and I would love for results to come back to me when I was told they would. 

But hey, it's cool, Dr. Methusala.  What's two more days of waiting for confirmation of what stage my cancer is in?  Also, I shouldn't be surprised of the extra couple of days since I had to wait TWO FUCKING HOURS at my first appointment just to hear I have cancer.  Wait for results, wait for my surgery sites to heal, and then wait over a week just to get into see an oncologist.  I don't know what's going to kill me first - cancer or my frustration. 

1 comment:

  1. Change docs if it's annoying. You're the customer/boss. I constantly change them. Can't stomach them much.

    ReplyDelete