Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hey ladies

I came across a link today that made me absolutely howl with laughter.  At first I had to double-check and make sure I wasn't reading the Onion and didn't know it.  Check out this gem of a news article:


Women who exercise by doing the housework can reduce their risk of breast cancer, a study suggests.

I have so many thoughts and jokes about this article.  Where to start....  First, are they saying I got breast cancer because I'm messy?  I didn't do enough vacuuming, dusting and the dishes to prevent my boobs from being defective?  Every day, I learn something new about breast cancer, and I'm coming to the conclusion that everything seems to cause cancer... even being a slob. 

Next, what group is behind this study?  The Coalition of Good-Fer-Nothing Husbands?  Was Al Bundy the lead scientist?  From the article: Dusting, mopping and vacuuming was also better than having a physical job.  I don't get this whatsoever.  They aren't talking about a woman exercising, doing cardio or lifting weights.  They are honestly equating dusting, mopping and vacuuming as physical effort and those womenfolk who do it often, are less likely to get breast cancer?

I hope there isn't a woman out there who reads this and goes, "Oh shit.  I'm letting my house go to shit AND I'm not reducing my risk for breast cancer."

*headdeskslam*

No comments:

Post a Comment